Skip To Main Content

Welcome New Preschool Students!

The Wildcat Preschool offers early development learning  for children that live in the Canton Local school district.  The program is rated 5 Stars by the Ohio Department of Education. This is the highest rating a preschool can receive.  Wildcat Preschool includes free meals and transportation to and from Faircrest Memorial Elementary School.  

Steps to Register Your Child(ren) in Canton Local School District:

  • 1. Complete Online Registration - Please click the New Preschool Registration button below to create an account for your child(ren). Watch the video to the right of the page for help! Registration will not be complete until all required documentation has been collected.
preschool registration button

NOTE: Parents of students who currently attend preschool through Canton Local Schools do not need to re-register for kindergarten. You will receive a separate email with instructions.

  • 2. As you complete your online forms, you will need to upload the required documentation in the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Please name each file with your student’s FIRST and LAST name as it appears on the birth certificate, and the contents of the file (i.e. Sam Smith Birth Certificate.pdf).

    The documents that will need to be submitted for enrollment are the following:

  • Birth certificate

  • Social security card

  • Parent ID

  • Two proofs of residency

  • Income verification for families that want to be considered for free or reduced tuition

  • Updated immunization records

  • Court documents, if applicable

Classroom acceptance letters will be mailed in early May.  Returning families that do not meet state income or age guidelines may be put on a waiting list.  All families that are put on the waiting list will also be notified. 



PROOF OF RESIDENCY is required of all students registering at Canton Local and must be submitted to the school with the registration form. Parents/Guardians must provide the school with TWO current (less than 3 months old) approved proofs of residency as listed below.
PLEASE NOTE: Post Office Boxes and Cell Phone Bills have no Service Address and therefore are not accepted.

Acceptable Utilities: Electric, Gas, Water, Sewer, Cable/Internet. The utility bill must show matching service and mailing address in the name of the Parent/Guardian.

Other Acceptable Documents: Monthly mortgage statement, lease/rental agreement (signed), pay stub, insurance statement, car payment statement, government agency letters, etc. with parent’s name and address.