Board of Education
Canton Local Schools depend upon the active involvement of citizens working with teachers, school administrators, and Board members to provide quality education for Canton Local students. We encourage you to take an active role in school affairs, which includes attending meetings of the Board of Education.
The board meetings are held at Canton South High School in the Performing Arts Center at 7:00 p.m., the second Monday of each month (*except as noted).
- December 19, 2022 - Canton South High School*
- January 2023 TBD - Canton South High School
All action of the Board takes place in public session. However, the Board may adjourn to an executive session, in accordance with Ohio's open meeting law, to discuss personnel matters, land purchases, negotiations, pending court action, security arrangements, and confidential records. Any action resulting from the discussion in the executive session must be made during a public session of the Board.
Hearing of the Public Information
Although state law does not require boards of education to set aside time for public comment, the board recognizes the value of public input on educational issues and has adopted Bylaw O169.01, effective 7/18/11, to provide for public comments
2022 Board Representation on Superintendent Committees:
- Athletic Board Representative - Rick Knight & Scott Hamilton
- Board Policy - Rick Knight and Thomas Kovesci
- Career Technical Board Representative - Thomas Kovesci
- Loan Foundation Board Representative - Annette Davis
- Legislative Liaison Board Representative – Rick Knight
- Facilities Representatives – Chris Cole & Scott Hamilton
- Curriculum & Program Representatives – Annette Davis & Rick Knight
- Finance & Audit Representatives – Scott Hamilton & Annette Davis
- Student Representative to Board Committee – Chris Cole