Canton Local Schools Flyer Distribution Guidelines
The Canton Local Schools Administration recognizes the importance of communicating events, signups, registrations, and information about youth programs and activities. Without promoting a specific group or activity, the Canton Local School District will make flyers available under the following guidelines:
• The Superintendent/Communications Director must approve all flyers. A decision will be made to consider whether the flyers are age-appropriate or meet community standards of decency and propriety.
• For purposes of this policy, “non-school related materials” pertain to activities, events and subject matter that are not officially sponsored or endorsed by the Canton Local School District, and promote educational programs and activities appropriate for the children in district schools.
• Political materials and materials promoting “for profit” ventures and information that contradicts Board Policy will not be distributed/promoted nor will events and activities that compete with events or offerings by the Canton Local School District.
• Flyers must be submitted along with a distribution form for approval a minimum of 7 days prior to the event.
• Flyers must list the name and phone number of a contact person, and the Canton Local Schools disclaimer.
Please make electronic submissions to: email@example.com
Upon approval, flyers must be delivered to the administration office or individual schools in the required bundles as stated on the distribution form. Any flyers that do not have prior approval are not to be distributed. The cost of printing flyers is the responsibility of the group or organization.
The principal will determine the appropriate time, place and manner to distribute approved materials.
Approved non-school-related materials may be posted in the common areas of a school building that are specifically designated by the building principal. The building principal may restrict or prohibit the distribution of non-school-related materials if the time and/or manner of distribution disrupts or interferes with school activities.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Karen Vrabec at 330-484-8010 or firstname.lastname@example.org