Students who satisfactorily complete the Auto Tech program competencies and skill sets can qualify for employment in a mechanical repair shop at the entry level. The Auto Tech program is NATEF certified and the instructor is an ASE Certified Master Technician. If you love cars and think you might like to jump start your career working on them, you owe it to yourself to find out more.
Classroom experiences include learning to repair and maintain integrated electronic systems and complex computers in addition to repairing simpler mechanical components on cars and trucks. Canton South's auto lab allows students to learn how to use electronic diagnostic equipment and computer-based technical reference material. Students gain diagnostic and mechanical skills for transition into the automotive industry.
Other experiences include:
• Diagnosing the source of auto problems
• Using electronic testing equipment
• Reading and interpreting diagnostic results
• Using technical manuals, reading charts, and diagrams
• Repairing and replacing the many components on the various vehicle systems