Lynn Rudd, Literacy Specialist
Lynn Rudd joined Canton Local in 2012 as Literacy Specialist for the district. She brings a multitude of experiences to Canton Local. Lynn has taught and supported students and teachers from kindergarten to 12th grade.
Literacy Support Services
These are some of the resources Lynn provides for Canton Local Staff:
• Personal Professional Development
• Common core interpretation and application
• Technology integration
• Instructional support to teachers of struggling readers
• Collaboration & co-teaching
• Literacy strategy integration and project ideas
• Application of the Canton Local Graduate document.
Ohio Resident Educator Program- RESA
The Ohio Resident Educator Program is a four-year induction system of support and mentoring for new teachers. Successful completion of the residency program is required to qualify for a five-year professional educator license.
Tools & Strategies:
Literacy and Learning
Response to Intervention 4 Success
Cheryl's Classroom Tips
The Unquiet Librarian
Good resources for teaching younger readers:
Reading A - Z
Florida Center For Reading Research
Common Core Standards: