We are so grateful here in Canton Local for our strong community, supportive parents and dedicated staff. We are committed to informing you of any developments that impact our schools and those we serve.
As we continue to navigate through an unprecedented time, it has never been more important to be transparent and supportive of one another. It is essential that we continue to follow the best practices to remain safe and healthy during this unique period.
At this time, the district has its educational plan in place with extended learning opportunities for your child that will begin the week of March 30th through April 3rd. If we should remain out of school after April 3rd, we will move to “Remote Learning opportunities” for our students where home internet access will be needed. Mrs. Bartley and Mr. Mohn will be contacting all of the families at Walker and Faircrest to make arrangements to get a chrome book out to those kids who do not have access to a device or computer within their homes. For families who do not have internet access, educational packets will be made available upon request.
We are encouraging you to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and/or large groups of people.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
Thank you and PLEASE BE SAFE