Canton Local Schools depend upon the active involvement of citizens working with teachers, school administrators, and Board members to provide quality education for Canton Local students. We encourage you to take an active role in school affairs, which includes attending meetings of the Board of Education.
The board meetings are held at the Administration Center and school sites at 7:00 p.m., the second Monday of each month (except as noted*).
June 8 - Canton South High School**
July 13 - Canton South High School**
August 10 - Canton South High School
September 14 - Canton South High School
*October 19 - Multi-County Juvenile Attention Center
*November 16 - Walker Elementary
December 14 - Canton South High School
** Due to COVID19 and the Governor's rules regarding mass gatherings, we have been limiting the number of people in attendance at the meeting to 10. Meetings are available through Google Meeting and the link will be available on the District's website at the time of the meeting. Please stay tuned to the District's website and Facebook page for future updates regarding the meetings of the Board of Education.
All action of the Board takes place in public session. However, the Board may adjourn to an executive session, in accordance with Ohio's open meeting law, to discuss personnel matters, land purchases, negotiations, pending court action, security arrangements, and confidential records. Any action resulting from the discussion in the executive session must be made during a public session of the Board.
Hearing of the Public Information
Although state law does not require boards of education to set aside time for public comment, the board recognizes the value of public input on educational issues and has adopted Bylaw O169.01, effective 7/18/11, to provide for public comments
2020 Board Representation on Superintendent Committees:
- Athletic Board Representative - Scott Hamilton, Rick Knight
- Career Technical Board Representative - David Brothers
- Loan Foundation Board Representative - David Brothers
- Legislative Liaison Board Representative – Rick Knight
- Facilities Representatives – Chris Cole, Scott Hamilton
- Curriculum & Program Representatives – Scott Shaffer, David Brothers
- Finance & Audit Representatives – Scott Hamilton, Scott Shaffer
- Student Representative to Board Committee – Chris Cole